Welcome to the Minster Church of All Saints Rotherham.
There has been a church on this site since 937 AD. Much of the present building dates from the 15th century although there are parts remaining from the Saxon and Norman structures.
It has been described by Pevsner as "the best perpendicular church in the country", and by Simon Jenkins in Englands 1000 Best Churches as "the best work in the county".
Rotherham Minster All Rights Reserved ©2009
Weddings Baptisms & Funerals
Marriage at Rotherham Minster
We are delighted that you are considering getting married at Rotherham Minster. In order to help you plan and prepare for this very special day in your lives we hope that you find the following helpful.
- Who can get married at Rotherham Minster? In order to get married in any Church of England Church you have to be able to satisfy one of a number of options. If you follow the link (http://www.yourchurchwedding.org/youre-welcome/more-churches-to-choose-from.aspx) this will take you to the Church of England website outlining these options. If you are able to tick one of them for Rotherham Minster then you are able to be married in the Minster.
- Can we pick what time we would like to get married? As long as the Minster is available on the day and time that you would like your wedding to take place then you can get married at the time of your choice between 8.00 am & 6.00 pm.
- How much will it cost? The cost of a wedding is made up of 2 parts.
1. The first part is the cost to actually get married and is the same for any Church of England Church and for 2016 is £446. There will be additional costs if you have to have your Banns read in another parish or if you decide or need to be married by Common Licence.
2. However, you may want to add certain things to make the day just as you would like it to be. This may include the organ, choir, bells, flowers, service booklets etc. For these there are extra costs and which can be provided upon request.
- Can we pick the hymns and reading? Yes and if you would like help with this if you follow this link (http://www.yourchurchwedding.org/planner/) it will take you to the Church of England wedding planner where there is a selection of readings and hymns. If you click the listen button at the side of the hymn you will be able to listen to it.
- What do we do next? If you would like to book your wedding at Rotherham Minster or would like to talk further, please come to the Minster on a Saturday morning between 11-12 when a member of the Minster staff will be available to answer your questions.
We look forward to sharing with you both in your special day.
Details concerning baptisms and funerals at Rotherham Minster to be added shortly. You may however find the following links to the Church of England website helpful.