The Parish Church of All Saints has stood at the centre of town for over a thousand years. Beginning as a small Saxon church sometime around the tenth century and then devloping via a larger Norman structure to the present perpendicular church that has graced the town centre since the fifteenth century. Perpendicular in style and cruciform in shape the church was granted Minster status in 2004. Surrounded by the landscaped lawns of the churchyard the tower and spire dominate All Saints square and are a prominent landmark throughout the town and beyond. The peal of twelve bells can be heard to ring out in celebration and commemoration continuing a centuries long tradition of ringing.
The origins of the church are fourteenth century and the chancel is of that date. The tower is early fifteenth century and contains a peal of 12 bells. Ten were cast in 1924 and two added in 1986. The remainder of the sixteenth to eighteenth centuries, or of the substantial restoration by George Gilbert Scott in 1873-5. The style is Perpendicular.
The chancel chapel was built in 1480 by Thomas Rotherham, the locally born Archbishop of Lincoln, who subsequently endowed the College of Jesus, attached to the church, on his elevation to the Archbishopric of York. Alec Clifton-Taylor includes it in his list of "best" English parish churchesand describes it as "the glory of Rotherham".